Using what we've learned in the past weeks, try diagramming 2 or more of these sentences on your own paper. Unfortunately, we can't respond in the comments section for this one, since this blog won't let us turn our sentences sideways! Remember to start with finding the subject and verb in the sentence and placing them on your line. Just to make it challenging, I threw in a couple of sentences written in the passive voice. Because we are working on using the active voice, let's turn those into active voice sentences before you diagram them. Puzzle on!
1. Christian and Samantha rode their bikes.
2. Maile sent the letter.
3. Mrs. Bockius assigned fun homework!
4. The winning goal was scored by Alan.
5. Connor and Dayna sorted costumes for the play.
6. The fifth-grade boys sang love songs.
7. A bouquet of dandelions was picked by the girls.
8. The kid with the UConn shirt celebrated wildly!